Friday, July 10, 2009

Everyday Green







Here is a bright green look that I wear to work. The colors don't go up too high above my crease, therefore making it a "day" look. At least in my very colorful book! I used Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base. Now, I happen to use MAC brushes most of the time, and they're great, but anything you can work out, go with it. My brushes are fairly recent purchases, and for years I used cheapos and whatever came with my pallettes, and my makeup still looked great. I then used the white green in the Hard Candy Mental quad in the inner corners of my eyes, and brought it up onto my lids a little less then a quarter of the way. Then I applied Urban Decay's Vert all over my lid a little past my crease. Next, I applied the dark green in the Hard Candy Mental quad in the outer corners, blending and bringing about a quarter of the way in. I then used the white green at the top of the color above my crease. Next, I took a skin tone beige and applied to my brow bone. I used Vert to smudge all along my lower lash line, and blended it into the white green. The key to wearing bright bold looks to work is keeping the color low and blended! If I were going out with this look, I would have taken the Vert up higher, brought the dark green up and over, and applied with a heavier hand. I may even have used the white green on the lid instead of Vert to go for a dramatic contrast. Anyhow, I used a medium shade brown pencil for eyeliner on the top lash line and my water line. I followed up with two coats of black mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment